Tampa Butterfly Plants
Butterfly Plants in Tampa are in high demand as thousands of people throughout the Bay Area want plants that will invite butterflies into their gardens. Keep it Green Nursery carries multiple types of flowering plants that will make sure butterflies are always seeking your yard for the nectar, sun, and habitat they need to survive.
Each type of butterfly needs a different plant so a wide variety of colors, flower types, and leaf patterns will keep your garden busy. We sell a variety of plants that serve as a perfect host to many species of butterflies. Some of our customer’s favorites are:
Tips for Your Butterfly Garden
- Make sure you limit the use of insecticides and weed killers as they repel butterflies as a side effect of their purpose. Other common organic means such as grasshoppers, lizards, and frogs can take care of the unwanted insects in your garden if given a chance. A little manual weeding could mean the difference between a successful or unsuccessful garden.
- Plant a variety of colorful plant that naturally attract butterflies. Different species like particular colors so you will increase the chances of getting visitors.
- In addition to flower color varieties, plant some flowers in the shade and some in the sun.
- Butterflies prefer to fly in areas with limited wind.
- Keep your garden adequately watered so they can hydrate themselves.
Keep in mind the butterfly species are native to Tampa and all of Hillsborough County as you search the plants you need for your garden:
- Ruddy Daggerwing
- Hackberry Emperor
- Tawny Emperor
- American Lady
- Common Buckeye
- Phaon Crescent
- Question Mark